Name of Teaching Faculty:
Dr. Bharati Pawar
Date of Joining
B.Sc(CHEM), M.Sc(Or. CHEM), PHD(CHEM)
Total Experience in Years
Paper Publications in Journals/ Conferences
List of International Journal
1. A simple synthesis of -methyl--keto acids, Pawar, B.; Waghmare B.; Lokhande, P. D. Indian J. Chem. 2006, 45B, 2549.
2. Facile & chemoselective cleavage of allyl carboxylic Ester utilizing NaBH4 in DMSO, Pawar, B.; Lokhande, P. D. Synth. Commun. 2009, 39, 2445.
3. A convenient Method for Lactonization of α-allyl ester using Iodine in Dimethyl Sulphoside, Beena R. Nawghare, Sunil V. Gaikwad, Bharati V. Pawar and Pradeep D. Lokhande* Bull. Chem. Soc. Ethiop. 2014, 28(3), 469-473.
4. A Convenient synthesis of biologically active -Butyrolactone by using sodium borohydride: Synthesis of () Hexanolide pheromone and analogue of Paraconic acid, Pawar, B.; Lokhande, P. D.* Synlett (communicated).
List of International Conference
1. Michael addition of masked acyl anion to , - unsaturated ester in synthesis of , and -Ketoesters, International Conference on New Bioactive Molecules in Pharmaceutical Research Contribution of Natural Products at IICT Hyderabad (INDO-US CCNP) in Nov 2006.
2. Synthesis of Naturally Occurring -Substituted--Butyrolactone from Corresponding Carboxylic Ester, presented in International Conference on Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences [ICETCS 2007] at University of Mumbai in Jan 2007.
3. Synthesis of Naturally Occurring , , -Trisubstituted-- Butyrolactone from corresponding -Ketoester, presented in International Research Symposium on “Recent Development in Chemistry” at Department of Chemistry, University of Pune, Feb 2007.
4. Mild and Selective NaBH4/MeOH Mediated Deallyalation of, alpha-Allyl esters and amines, Presented in International conference on” Emerging Trends in Chemistry “ organized by Department of Chemistry University of Pune from 5-7 Jan, 2010.
List of National Conference
1. Green One-Pot Multicomponent Synthesis of -Alkyl--Ketoesters via Michael Addition, Presented in UGC-SAP National Seminar on Synthesis of New Materials for Industrial Applications AND awarded as Best Oral Presentation, at Shivaji University Kolhapur, 1 Feb 2008.
2. Synthesis of , -Disubstituted--Butyrolactone by the Oxidative Iodocyclization from Corresponding -Allyl Carboxylic Ester, Presented in UGC conferences at University of Pune 18th Nov 2007.
3. Synthesis of ,-Substituted--Butyrolactones from , and -Ketoesters via Michael addition of masked acyl anion to , - unsaturated ester, Presented in Research Symposium on “ Advance in Chemistry” at Department of Chemistry, University of Pune, March 2008.
List of Professional Body Memberships