PhD*(Pursuing) NIT Silchar, M.Tech(Thermal) NIT Silchar, BE (Mech), GATE 2011
Expertize in:Thermodynamics, Applied Thermodynamics, Internal Combustion Engine, Energy and Energy analysis, Alternate fuels for IC Engine, Refrigeration and, Air-conditioning, Hydrogen Energy, Product Development, Advances in Thermal and Energy systems, Emission cont
Vivek Doke is a Assistant Professor in Department of Mechanical Engineering. His area of specialization is Thermal Engineering. His work focuses on experimental of thermal systems in the fields of Biogas and alternate fuels, Refrigeration, Air-conditioning, IC Engines, non-conventional & renewable energy systems, etc. Vivek Doke is passionate about education. He enjoys teaching a wide range of undergraduate and graduate subjects in the areas of thermal engineering like, Thermodynamics, Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning, IC Engines, Heat Transfer and Power Plant Engineering. Professor has been actively involved in research in the field of Thermal engineering. Apart from academic he is also consultant to number of startups, industries and educational institutes.
Work and Experience
1. Assistant Professor, (July 2018 to Present), Department of Mechanical Engineering, ISB&M School of Technology, Pune, India.
2. Assistant Professor, (May 2013 to July 2018), Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dr. D Y Patil SOET Lohegaon, Pune, India.
3. Teaching/Research Assistant ( Aug 2011 to May 2013), Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Silchar, India.
4. Graduate Engineer Trainee (July 2011 to August 2011), Truck and Bus Radial Tyre( TBR-Cutting and Calendaring section) Bridgestone India Pvt. Ltd.
Research & Publications
1. Vivek S.Doke "Modified Window Air Conditioner for Hot and Humid Climatic Region"Proceedings of International Conference on "Energy Resources & Technologies for Sustainable Development", (ICERTSDPaper No. 14-259), Bengal Engineering and Science University Shibpur, Howrah, (W.B.) 7-9 Feb 2013.
2. Vivek Doke, Rahul Dev Misra and Yogesh Yannwar “Energy and Exergy analysis of Karanja biofuels through experimental investigation“ Proceedings of International Conference on "Advances in Mechanical Energy Systems & Sustainability", (ICAMES-2014), LNCT, Gwalior, (M.P.) 22-23 Dec 2014.
Workshops & FDPs Conducted/Organised/Attended
1. Organized 2 Days National Workshop on " Advances in Energy and Exergy Management’’ 23-24 Dec 2014 Dr. D Y Patil Knowledge City Pune.
2. A one week short term course on " Computational Fluid Dynamics ’’ was organized by Research Promotion Cell under TEQIP-II at NIT, Silchar on Mar 16-23, 2013.
3. A workshop on “Industry oriented Piping Engineering ’’ was organized by Civil Engineering Department under TEQIP-II at NIT, Silchar on Feb 1, 2013.
4. A workshop on “Advances in Transportation Engineering’’ was organized by Civil Engineering
Department under TEQIP-II at NIT, Silchar on April 16-18, 2012.
5. A workshop on “Innovation & Creativity and Patenting in India and Abroad’’ was organised by
Electrical Engineering Department under TEQIP-II at NIT, Silchar on April 6-8, 2012.
6. A workshop on “Solar Energy & It’s Application'' was organized by Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Department under TEQIP-II at NIT, Silchar on March 29-31, 2012.
6. 2 Week PTC training on CREO at Pune
7. 2 Week National short term course on Fluid Mechanics conducted by IIT Kharagapur
8. Syllabus implementation workshop for Thermodynamics, Applied thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Turbo-machinery.
Energy and Exergy Audit, Alternate fuels for IC Engine, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Hydrogen Energy, Product Development, Advances in Thermal and Energy systems, Biogas, Emission control, Climate change and pollution control, Thermo-economics analysis, Heat transfer enhancement, Branding and Strategy Planning